Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Am i sposta have a clever title...?

So.. where to start. If your reading this, theres about a 99.99% chance you know me. But if your that .01... heres the lowdown. My name is Gered Burns, i run well, but do my typing and grammar not so good. I've spent my entire life in the little upstate new York wonderland known as Awl-buh-nee. I moved out Eugene Oregon about two months ago to run, train and hopefully make a US national team. Thats about it... i basically created this thing cause there is nothing to do out here but train your ass off. This is pretty much gonna be a running log/ random bullshit that flows outa my noggin.

Tuesday, November 6th...
-Kinda been a big day, coach actually let me do part of a work out today. for those of you who aren't up to speed, i rolled my ankle about a month ago and thoroughly retardafide my achilles. So back to todays work out. pretty easy day for everybody 7x800 at 2:35 on the amazon trail fallowed by 4x200 on the track. Coach only let me do four 8's cause it was my first day back. so

my workout went as such...
-20 minute warm up
-4x800 2:34, 2:32, 2:32, 2:32. two min jog inbetween
-20 minute cool down
-back over to the fitness center for 60 minutes on the bike
-35 minutes of core/abs/pushups
-cookies.....

On tap for the rest of my exciting day includes the fallowing. Rushing back to the apartment so ic an jump in the shower and use up all the hot water before my roommate gets back. we have the worlds smallest water heater. i swear. i will then proceed to spend the next 6 hours doing absolutely nothing.. literally nothing. i will not get a single productive thing done in the next 6 hours. after that... is the money shot... BURGER AND A BREW. Tuesdays are really my favorite day of the week. theres this bar here, and on Tuesdays you get this beast of a burger and a pint of and brew on tap.. all for 6 bucks. 6BUCKS! this things got three cheese, bacon, grilled onions and mushrooms, guacamole, tomato, lettuce, mayo, bbq... everything! after eating this fine meal ill throw back another brew or two and head to work. I work as a tutor at UofO... so basically i do nothing, and get paid. its a nice hookup.

Aight... these things are always gonna be this long. im just bored and.. yeah...

No comments: